Monday, October 20, 2008

URGENT

PLEASE PRAY

I have a friend named Elmer who is Guatemalan and who lives here in the states. Last summer I was able to travel to Guatemala and meet his family members who were still in Guatemala. Yesterday, I received a phone call saying that Elmer's youngest brother, Onan, had been shot multiple times. He took two shots to his stomach, two to his legs, and shots to his face. He lost one eye, part of his mouth and nose. They are not expecting him to make it. The other boy he was with was killed. Onan is only 16 years old and is not a christian. Onan has been struggling with negative peer pressure and has started to get in with the wrong crowd. They do not know what caused the shooting to take place. They have not let his mother back to see him due to the fact that she has heart problems and his brothers are scared of what will happen to her physically. I took this picture when I was in Guatemala with them last summer. Onan is the third from the left.
Please pray for God's will in this situation. My heart breaks when I think of this family who has been through so much already. I love all of them. I am praying that God will go and comfort each one of them. Please pray for the Moralez family. His mother, brother Omar, and sister in Guatemala. And also for Elmer, Eric, and Giovanni who are all in the states.

No comments: