Monday, September 1, 2008

End of Summer

I'm looking back at the Summer of 2008 and I am totally clueless as to where it has gone. Somehow, without any of my permission, the Summer has played it course.
I have enjoyed working for the Stephens family in Cincinnati. Since I started working for them in September of 2006, they have been wonderful people to work for. I believe that I am a little too attached to the boys. There are 4 year old twin boys and a 10 year old boy. These guys are too cute, I miss them so much. I also have worked for the past year for another family with all boys named the Kreiders. I went with the Kreiders to South Carolina on their vacation to help keep an eye on the boys. We had beautiful weather for the week on the beach.
I started my studies last week at Ivy Tech State College. I am taking a class for EMT-Basic, English and a Math class. There is going to be a lot of reading in the EMT and English classes. I am also working at the nursing home as a CNA and at a little Mexican restaurant called Garcia's. Needless to say I am keeping very busy.
I am finally going to post some pictures of my summer!!!!

GRADUATION

I was happy to have my whole family except for my brother-in-law (who chose to be sick) at my graduation!

This Summer Laura was able to stay with me at my apartment while she was in Cincinnati to work. One evening we went out to eat at Jalepenos and then down to the river to eat ice cream!!! While we were at the river I had a phone call come in, so Laura sat there taking random pictures on my camera. These are some of the results.


This one happens to be a high five!





See what I mean about her being bored?


PA Trip
In July I went to PA with my friend Tiffany to visit some of our friends from GBS. While we were there we went to AYC to work as staff. I was put on a team as the assistant coach.


My team members!

Christy and I waiting for service to begin.


Melissa, Tiffany and I watching the girls Stars vs. Stiffs softball


Heidi and I at Applebees. YUM!


Leanna, Tiffany and I at Chocolate World!


SOUTH CAROLINA
I had the privilege to go with the Kreider family on their family vacation to South Carolina! We spent two nights in Charleston and then a week at the fathers parents beach house on Folly Beach.


Me....on the pier.


Ken and baby Quinn


Pierce and Keene playing in the water!


This is a shark that a man caught while fishing on the pier.


As sad as he may be in this picture I still have to laugh every time I see it. Keene was out in the ocean with his dad trying to boogie board and he got the washing machine treatment by the ocean. Poor little fellow.


Sunrise on the beach


Pierce, Keene and I at Fort Sumter


The beach house


Keene and Quinn waiting for the taxi


Pierce does a wonderful job at reading for a six year old.

No comments: