Saturday, March 8, 2008

Snowed In!

Snow! According to Dictionary.com snow is: a precipitation in the form of ice crystals, mainly of intricately branched, hexagonal form and often agglomerated into snowflakes, formed directly from the freezing of the water vapor in the air. There are times when I am very happy to have snow covered roads and then yet other times when the roads are covered in snow and there is some place I would like to be rather than where I am planted. For instance, when one is in the dorm early one morning and a voice comes from across the loud speaker announcing that school has been cancelled. I cannot begin to explain the feelings I get when I have heard these wonderful words, and then I crawl back into bed without a concern about going to class. These feelings are beyond explanation. This excitement was not granted to my fellow students and I this past Friday. Actually it didn't start snowing until late morning, when we were almost finished with our classes. Even though I was very saddened by the delay of snow fall, I am enjoying this beautiful winter storm that God has showered down upon us! Everyone was pretty much stuck here this weekend. It was nice to have a weekend where everyone could relax and have fun. I think that I played more games this past weekend than in the last 7 years of my life! It was truly a relaxing weekend!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the patio. It is neat! See, I really do check it :-) Have a great week, friend!

Dixie said...

Love the pictures.