Saturday, May 30, 2009

Megan and Roel's Wedding

I had the privilege to stand in the wedding of Megan Hollon and Roel Cuaresma. I met Megan when I attended GBS in 2005. She and I were also roommates on our trip to Guatemala in 2007. We have a lot of memories from that trip, mostly memories of laughing but also a few tearful memories. I still laugh when I think of some of those times. Like the time we four girls were trying to cross a still which was flowing with two feet of muddy rain water. Or when she and I had to take a tuc-tuc home because it was pouring rain. The driver over-charged us and then the tuc-tuc kept stalling on the drive home.
Those are memories that I hope I never forget. Thousands of miles from home or just a few miles away, Megan has given me an amazing friendship. She cares deeply about people and has never shown a bit of selfishness to those around her. I'm so happy for her and Roel! They both deserve the best!
Here are a few pictures from their wedding.



The wedding colors were Green and Ivory



Roel's parents



Jesse and I



Seth and Jamie Stephens. Two boys that both Megan and I babysat for.



Megan and her Father



So pretty...



The guys



Getting ready for the kiss



Roel, Megan and I



The adorable flower girl and Jamie



The Stephens family (thanks to my father for making animal noises....everyone was smiling) I miss this family sooo much!



Most of Roel's family

4 comments:

coffeechica said...

aw! thanks for posting these! I hadn't seen any from the wedding yet. my goofy camera batteries! grr :( Hope ur doing great! love,esther

TKB said...

I enjoyed seeing the pics too! Haddn't gotten to see any so it was nice...it makes me miss you though!

mhunsaker said...

Val, thanks so much for posting the pics. It looked like a beautiful wedding. So sad I couldn't be there :( but I have pictures to look at :). Miss you bunches, friend. Take care!
Love,
Maria

Megan Cuaresma said...

Val, I never knew these were on here or that you blogged about our very special day. Thank you so much what a powerful compliment. Thank you so much. You are so sweet. Thank you for being a part of our special day. We love you. Come see us soon!